The ancient Ayurveda practice of oil pulling gives a boost to oral detoxification and hygiene. When oil is swished in the mouth for 20 minutes, dangerous fungi, bacteria, and other toxic materials and microorganisms are pulled from the gums, mouth, teeth, and throat. The best oil to use is organic coconut oil, but organic sesame oil is also effective. Daily oil pulling will improve your oral health without any side effects.
Below is a list of ten benefits of this practice and how to get started.
- Whitens teeth: Oil pulling is a natural way to get whiter teeth in just two weeks, and avoid using manufactured whitening products that contain aspartame, benzene, aluminum, tar, bleach, and fluoride.
- Prevents gum and mouth diseases: Coconut oil is an anti-inflammatory, and oil pulling reduces the bacteria that cause bleeding gums, gingivitis, and cavities.
- Reduces bad breath (Halitosis): Oil pulling rids your oral cavity of the bacteria which produces chemicals and gases, which in turn cause bad breath.
- Relieves jaw pain: Swishing oil may cause some soreness at first, but with time even pre-existing pain will be reduced.
- Alleviates head pain: Oil pulling draws toxins out of the body which play a part in tension headaches and migraines.
- Enhances normal liver and kidney function: By detoxing your mouth with oil pulling, your liver and kidney have less work to do and can complete the process of cleaning out your entire body.
- Detoxes the whole body: Oil pulling removes bacteria from the bloodstream, as well as the toxic waste products of parasites, viruses, fungi, and other toxins. Cleaning the body with oil pulling helps the immune system revert to maximum functioning.
- Improves skin conditions: Skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema clear up after two weeks of oil pulling.
- Balances hormones: Once the immune system is functioning normally after oil pulling, the female hormones also rebalance, to reduces symptoms of PMS and regulate the menstrual cycle.
- Alleviates congestion and asthma: The anti-inflammatory effects of oil pulling clear up bronchial congestion and eliminate asthma symptoms.
Instructions for Oil Pulling
- Upon waking, drink one liter of warm lemon water to flush toxins from your body.
- Put 1 to 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in your mouth. If it is solid, the heat of your mouth will melt it.
- Swish the oil in your mouth for exactly 20 minutes.
- Spit the oil in the trash can, and rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Brush with a fluoride-free, natural toothpaste.
Try this for 30 days, and you will be amazed by the results. Consult a dental clinic like Crest Hill Family Dental to learn more if oil pulling could enhance your oral health.Share